Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

Today has been a tiring day since the moment I woke up. I woke up with a horrible kink in my neck and back...and now I have to sit here at the desk and study for the whole day since I have my college placement tests tomorrow. I know as far as math goes, I am going to do badly...math is my worst subject. I am confident about the other tests though.

Today my goals for working out are: Pilates this morning with yoga. This afternoon I am doing Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 3 and Turbo Jam. I had to put off P90X until next month because of my chest...but I really can't wait to begin it!

I have been getting asked what I eat during the day...well here is what I had for breakfast:

5.3 oz of Strawberry Greek Yogurt
1/4 C Bear Naked Vanilla Almond Crunch Fit Granola
1 Whole grain english muffin
1 tsp Smart Balance Omega on my english muffin

Yum! Plus, Bear Naked Granola is 100% pure and natural! There are NO artificial colors, flavors, cholesterol, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial preservatives, or trans fats!

I also found out something horrifying about shredded cheese...the preservative in there is derived from formaldehyde!! Check out the ingredients...you see where it says preservatives? Since it's such a small amount, it is not required that food manufacturers add it to the ingredients...so instead they are allowed to just say, "preservatives". Real cheese (blocked cheese) is the best if you have a cheese craving....just grate it yourself!

Here's a great recipe for a yogurt parfait:

1 (5.3 oz) Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla) (or if your vegan...try silk yogurt!)
2 tbsp. Bear Naked Granola
1/4 C Blackberries
1/4 C Blueberries
1/4 C Strawberries
1 Small Dash cinnamon (optional)
1 tbsp. slivered almonds

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl! Enjoy! Great amount of protein and antioxidants to start your day off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment