Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yesterday was scary!

I had a very good night last night on Etsy which really helped brighten my night, especially after having quite a scare at the doctors...but all is okay now!

I went into the emergency room yesterday afternoon after having a really hard time breathing. I was tested for everything from non-hodgkin's lymphoma to having a heart attack to blood clots. I was so terrified!! :( I went throught a CT scan with contrast, blood work, chest X-ray and an ultrasound...I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life!! :(

Well 7 hours later, they didn't find anything bad (thank God!!), but I do have Pleurisy. Here's what is basically is: "Pleurisy occurs when the double membrane (pleura) that lines your chest cavity and surrounds each of your lungs becomes inflamed. Also called pleuritis, pleurisy typically causes sharp pain, almost always when you take a breath." -Taken from the Mayo Clinic online. The wall of my heart is also a little inflamed as well...AND I have exercise induced asthma...so fun fun! But at least it's nothing really serious. Just thinking that I could have cancer, or a heart attack...or even a blood clot...that was scary :( And I now know how people feel when they are going in to get tested for all of that. It is such a stressful experience and I never want to have to go through all that again. If you know of anyone who is going in for testing...go with them so they have some support.


That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment